Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pregnant and not in heels.

When I found out the news, I was on day 6 of the "10 Day Juice Cleanse" and I was soooooo overjoyed, awe-stricken, beside myself, there are no words.  Maybe because I have never been pregnant before and within 2 minutes, you realize your life is about to change forever- so cliche sounding but so true. On top of this, this was the health breakthrough I needed to experience --that this alternative way of approaching nutrition really is not just smoke!  Not only did I cure my hypothyroid by flooding my cells with nourishment (this from just juicing a lot over the past 2 years) but I got pregnant without really trying much at all, which if you heard "my story" you'd realize this to be a fete (no, I don't have a gluten intolerance for anyone reading and wondering).  On a somewhat deprived and indulgent note, I must admit that one of the first thoughts that raced through my mind was, "later suckas! I'm going to have me some enchiladdddaasss (sans margarita)!" And that I did! And then for the past 3 months, I've been unabashedly following in the footsteps of Elizabeth Gilbert's character from "Eat, Pray, Love", only I've ascribed "Eat!" to my first trimester, with the idea that by the second and third, I'll be praying and loving more.  Unlike Elizabeth, I'm in New Jersey and not Italy, I'm woozy (unlike her), and I'm pretty sure I'm not walking 10 miles/day the way she was--nonetheless, I am realizing that this is precisely what my body needs, and rather than denying this and trying to stay "thin" during my pregnancy, despite how trendy this is today, I would much prefer to just totally embrace the needs of this little one growing inside of me and keep the upchuck at bay (by eating).  A lot. Now that my 2nd Trimester is coming up, it's time to switch things up.


No comments:

Post a Comment