Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 8

Ok so I had to break my juice fast because I just received a TON of organic food from the Farmer's Market and it'd kill me to see it all go to waste. I also realized that I received the result I wanted and so I was just fine moving forward in my eating life. That said, I've decided to press on with the juicing, pun aside, because my body is just screaming to be flooded with these vital nutrients, now that it is accustomed to them. So I decided to get a little creative. Today, I set aside the fibrous kale remnants of the kale juice I was making for my morning juice, to create kale pizza crust. It took me about 10 additional minutes to load it into my dehydrator and what I love about dehydrators is that you can fix it and forget it, sort of like a modern day crock pot. So tonight, when I go home, I'll have some lovely kale crust waiting for me --something I truly desire now far more than pizza and the plan is to top it with this to-die-for sheep feta cheese I recently discovered at Trader Joes'  (a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant and/or are aiming for better digestion: http://www.thesweetbeet.com/sheep-cheese-and-parsnips/); pesto, sun dried tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. I've had this before and it's dino-mite so I am so excited  for later.

So here were the juices I made (I fed the left over carrots to my dogs who are increasingly becoming raw foodies as I've recently learned it expands their life span just as long as I don't feed them grapes and too much coconut!) I was tempted to upload a photo without Penelope (our precious poodle) in the background since John is always reminding me how that detracts but I figured this photo was so poorly taken why the h*ll not, eh?  Plus can ya blame me?  She is just so freaing irresistible!  So here are the juices as well as my snazzy juice container that I use for work.

Morning Kale/Celery Juice with Carrot Juice for later...

Then I just whipped out my dehydrator, something I'm relatively new at for the kale to 'uncook' all day and dehydrate. In order to revamp it into a pizza crust I could use for later, I simply mixed fresh water and flaxseed and distributed them evenly on parchment paper and stuck them in the dehydrator as pictured below.


Dehydrator




And here is what the 'dough' looks like at 8am. By 6pm, it'll be the perfect consistency for a pizza crust and I'll be sure to post a picture later.  Stay posted and have a most tubuloso Tuesday. G-d Bless, Margo
Kale Pizza Crust for Dinner Later.
As promised (pardon my being a day late, I went out to dinner the previous night and had a burger because I needed the iron..)

Here is the final pic. I won't lie: the crust was totally disgusting, but that's because I winged the recipe and added too much flaxseed, 'Doh! but..I've done this before and I know this recipe can be other-worldly if done right.

Here is what the pizza looks like when it looks really really bad. Maybe in a week or two I'll have a better pic:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment