Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yay us! Day Three

Hi hunnybunny and those readers who love Margareta as much as I do!!

After yesterday's early waking agitation, this morning I could not get out of bed.  I guess my body is asking for some rest.  So yes, feeling a little draggy today, but I'm also fabulously proud of myself for taking in so many nourishing juices and seeing the light of Day Three.

Last evening at work I had way more energy and clarity than usual.  It's amazing how having energy really is a rapid-acting antidepressant for me.  I tend to get really sobby when I feel physically unwell, which has unfortunately been the case a lot this winter. I act like a bit of a baby...but not as cute and adorable as muppet Baby Natasha :P.

I am planning to carry on with this juice FEAST with the goal of physical and mental rejuvenation in mind.  It's so easy to get into the mindset of lack, of feeling like I'm missing out, like I am so deprived if I can't have the cookies and donuts my coworkers are munching.  Poor meeeee!!!

How easily I forget that eating these cookies is what has gotten me to a place of fear of food and watching more and more symptoms emerge as my body cries out in despair (yes, I'm a drama queen).  I can eat a million cookies in a day, but this will obviously not feed my body the enzymes and nutrients it craves to perform it's kazillion functions in a day.

Here are the symptoms I experience that tells me that my body needs some loving:
-fatigue
-depression
-autoimmune issues such as: achy joints, swollen fingers, raynaud's phenomenon, swollen glands
-skin rashes
-mind fogginess
-lack of motivation

It's depressing just reading that list, and I'm sure I could think of more.  The sad thing is that these syptoms are so commonplace now.  I mean, nearly half the people I talk to are sniffling, achy, breaking out, and just so damn tired. 

It's time for us to find a better way.  I want to feel as vibrant as the sun shining outside today (though it's -25C). I want to wake up bubbling with energy and feel excited to face the day.  I want my mind to be clear and my thoughts full of positivity and optimism.  I believe that taking in these fresh fruit and vegi juices and focusing on a plant-based diet is a base to build a beautiful life experience.  When a person is healthy, they then can find fulfillment in every aspect of life, such as spirituality, relationships, work, play, and just lurrrrrve all around.

So I choose see this juice cleanse as an opportunity to take in beautiful, satisfying, gorgeous juices and not as a time of deprivation and lack.  I like to see these yummy fresh squeezed juices as the yummy pina coladas I love to sip on the beach in mexico.


Another quote from "The 7 Day Total Cleanse," by Mary McGuire-Wien

I strongly believe that no one should ever drink or eat anything that is not delicious and beautiful to behold.  I believe that when a food is beautiful to look at, smells fragrant, and tastes delicious, only then will our cells open up to receive it fully.  If something tastes like pond scum or looks like mud and you have to gulp it down while holding your nose, every cell in your body is saying, "Oh no!" 
 When the  cells say, "Oh yes!" they are open to receive, like a sunflower turned to face the sun.  Never ever eat or drink anything, if you do not absolutely love the way it tastes....As you become clear about your true desires, you will no longer feel deprived when you abstain from foods you know to be unhealthy.



Sipping a green juice right now made with spinach, parsley, orange, and pineapple.  Yummers.

xo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment