Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 9 and snacky treats

Here's a pic of my empty green juice.  Slurrrrrrpppp.

My green crack of the day....spinach, cucumber, mint, and orange.  Friggin fabulous. 

I'm full of energy, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.  I'm so used to being blah.  Hmmmm....perhaps I should start on my taxes...that sounds really not fun.  Perhaps I'll go to the gym and burn off some of this energy.

This is how you're supposed to feel on a juice feast.  The past week has been pretty up and down with detox symptoms, but I think I'm crossing the bridge to the sunshine-y side of this process.  Juice feasting and the detox lifestyle in general requires perseverance...and trust.  We have to TRUST that it is worth enduring the crummy days when you just want a cookie (or ten) and trust that it is worth the time and effort to buy bags of produce or drive an hour to the juice bar to stock up on your favourite juices.

We have to trust that there will be days like today where you see the value in nourishing your cells with green juice because...you just want to tell everyone you see, "you should really really really drink some juice cause it makes you  feel really really really friggin awesome.  :p

Anyhoo, so I also picked up some of my favourite snacks.  I adore these kale chips, and they were on sale, so I HAD to buy a ridiculous amount.

Kale  is absolutely rich and abundant in calcium, lutein, iron, and Vitamins A, C, and K, and it has seven times the beta-carotene of broccoli and ten times more lutein. Kale is rich in Vitamin C. The "Icing on the Kale" are the natural occurring all important phytochemicals sulforaphane and indoles which research suggests may protect against cancer. Let's not forget the all important antioxidant Vitamin E. Rest assured kale spares nothing in providing one with much needed nutrients and associated health benefits. (http://EzineArticles.com/136177)


I also snuck in some yummy seaweed crisp thingys.  Some of you, like my nephew, may curl up your nose when you think of seaweed, but SERIOUSLY, these are yummy.

According to Seibin and Teruko Arasaki, authors of Vegetables from the Sea, “All of the minerals required by human beings, including calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, iodine, iron, and zinc are present in sufficient amounts. In addition, there are many trace elements in seaweeds.” Edible plants from the sea also contain important vitamins including vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), B1, B2, B6, niacin, vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and folic acid. Analysis has shown trace amounts of vitamin B12, which rarely occurs in land vegetables.

Okay, so, I don't have a lot to say today except, yay for healthy stuff that tastes good.  Yay for Modified Day Nine;-).

xo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment