Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day One

If you let me,
Here's what I'll do...
I'll take care of you.

Okay, so I doubt Drake and Rihanna are chanelling God, but for some reason this song popped into my mind last night as I drifted off to sleep.  It was like all the fears and doubts I have about starting this 10-day juice fast were ready to boil over and erode my ever fragile self-belief, and then... Rihanna started singing in my head.  In my hazy, sleepy state, however, it was like a message from God that I could do this, that I would be taken care of, I just have to let him work in my life.  I have to believe that I can accomplish this 10 day fast and start some major cellular healing.

http://youtu.be/H86m44hQgy0

This is Erin by the way, Margaret's friend from the Great White North.  Margaret told me about Raw Radiant Health's 10 Day Juice Fast (http://www.radiancecentral.com/) and she never fails to inspire me when I feel like all hope is lost.  I was sitting in a foggy haze of self-hatred after an evening of eating gross forms of food (i.e. processed crap) when I got her email about the fast.  Suddenly, I felt that perhaps, I could give this one more shot.  I could give my body the gift of love and prove to myself that there is another way.

So today, I bought major supplies.  I swooped in on all the Booster Juices I could find and sweetly asked for a kazillion juices.  I think they probably hate me.  I just didn't want to give myself any excuse to be without juice when I have to work these next few days.  So they're all stacked up nicely in my freezer and I'll take them out as I need them.  Right now I'm sipping on juice #3 and it totally curbed my cravings, thank the good Lord.

 I'm such a sucker for the aroma of food.  I smelled something like lasagna in the hallway of our apartment building and my mouth started watering...and again that little voice of doubt whispered in my ear.  I grabbed a green juice and poured it into a wine glass and I'm sipping it now as I write.

 

It feels good to know I have the power to change my day with each small decision not to impersonate the cookie monster.

I also realize that as I nourish my cells with juicy juices, my cravings will lessen.  Our bodies are more intelligent than we give them credit for.  If I am deficient in certain nutrients and life force energy, my cells will scream out for food, and if I am feeding it cardboard, it will scream for more because cardboard will not give my body what it really longs for.  My body wants nourishment and vital energy, not a bunch of processed filler that will sit in lumps and clumps in my digestive tract. I am not a human garbage disposal. I am a body that is housing a soul on this earth.  Everytime I choose to abuse this home, I am telling my soul that it is not worthy of safety or love.

Today I choose love.  Tomorrow I choose more love.  In the form of green juice...and mango juice...and orange/pineapple/carrot/parsley/pear juice.  Yummmmmy.

Thank you Margie-poo for the inspiration.

Luv u to pieces.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment